I Claire Miles, trading as Magnetic Nail Design understands that your privacy is important to you and that you care about how your personal data is used. I respect and value the privacy of everyone who visits www.magnetic-nail-design.co.uk (hereby referred to as “My Site”) and will only collect and use personal data in ways that are described here, and in a way that is consistent with my obligations and your rights under the law.
- Definitions and Interpretation
In this Policy the following terms shall have the following meanings:
|“Account”||means an account required to access and/or use certain areas and features of My Site;|
|“Cookie”||means a small text file placed on your computer or device by My Site when you visit certain parts of My Site and/or when you use certain features of My Site. Details of the Cookies used by My Site are set out in Part 14, below; and|
|“Cookie Law”||means the relevant parts of the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003;|
- Information About Me
My Site is owned and operated by Claire Miles, trading as Magnetic Nail Design.
- What Does This Policy Cover?
- What is Personal Data?
Personal data is defined by the General Data Protection Regulation (EU Regulation 2016/679) (the “GDPR”) as ‘any information relating to an identifiable person who can be directly or indirectly identified in particular by reference to an identifier’.
Personal data is, in simpler terms, any information about you that enables you to be identified. Personal data covers obvious information such as your name and contact details, but it also covers less obvious information such as identification numbers, electronic location data, and other online identifiers.
- What Are My Rights?
Under the GDPR, you have the following rights, which I will always work to uphold:
- The right to access the personal data I hold about you. Part 13 will tell you how to do this.
- The right to have your personal data rectified if any of your personal data held by me is inaccurate or incomplete. Please contact me using the details in Part 15 to find out more.
- The right to be forgotten, i.e. the right to ask me to delete or otherwise dispose of any of your personal data that I have. Please contact me using the details in Part 15 to find out more.
- The right to restrict (i.e. prevent) the processing of your personal data.
- The right to object to me using your personal data for a particular purpose or purposes.
- The right to data portability. This means that, if you have provided personal data to me directly, I am using it with your consent or for the performance of a contract, and that data is processed using automated means, you can ask me for a copy of that personal data to re-use with another service or business in many cases.
- Rights relating to automated decision-making and profiling. I do not use your personal data in this way.
For more information about my use of your personal data or exercising your rights as outlined above, please contact me using the details provided in Part 15.
Further information about your rights can also be obtained from the Information Commissioner’s Office or your local Citizens Advice Bureau.
If you have any cause for complaint about my use of your personal data, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office.
- What Data Do We Collect?
- Date of birth
- Email address
- Telephone number
- Payment information
- Information about your preferences and interests
- How Do You Use My Personal Data?
Under the GDPR, I must always have a lawful basis for using personal data. This may be because the data is necessary for my performance of a contract with you, because you have consented to my use of your personal data, or because it is in my legitimate business interests to use it. Your personal data may be used for the following purposes:
- Supplying my products services to you. Your personal details are required in order for me to enter into a contract with you.
- Personalising and tailoring my services for you.
- Communicating with you. This may include responding to emails or calls from you.
- Supplying you with information by email or post that you have opted-in to (you may unsubscribe or opt-out at any time by emailing me at email@example.com
- Analysing your use of My Site and gathering feedback to enable me to continually improve My Site and your user experience.
With your permission and/or where permitted by law, I may also use your personal data for marketing purposes, which may include contacting you by email and/or telephone and/or text message and/or post with information, news, and offers on my services. You will not be sent any unlawful marketing or spam. I will always work to fully protect your rights and comply with my obligations under the GDPR and the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003, and you will always have the opportunity to opt-out.
- How Long Will You Keep My Personal Data?
I will not keep your personal data for any longer than is necessary in light of the reason(s) for which it was first collected. Your personal data will therefore be kept for the following periods (or, where there is no fixed period, the following factors will be used to determine how long it is kept):
- While I am in a contract or providing a service to you;
- For 12 months after a contract has been fulfilled/terminated
- How and Where Do You Store or Transfer My Personal Data?
I will only store or transfer your personal data in the UK. This means that it will be fully protected under the GDPR.
- Do You Share My Personal Data?
I will not share any of your personal data with any third parties for any purposes, subject to one important exception.
In some limited circumstances, I may be legally required to share certain personal data, which might include yours, if I am involved in legal proceedings or complying with legal obligations, a court order, or the instructions of a government authority.
- How Can I Control My Personal Data?
- In addition to your rights under the GDPR, set out in Part 5, when you submit personal data via My Site, you may be given options to restrict my use of your personal data. In particular, I aim to give you strong controls on my use of your data for direct marketing purposes (including the ability to opt-out of receiving emails from me which you may do by unsubscribing using the links provided in my emails and at the point of providing your details)
- You may also wish to sign up to one or more of the preference services operating in the UK: The Telephone Preference Service (“the TPS”), the Corporate Telephone Preference Service (“the CTPS”), and the Mailing Preference Service (“the MPS”). These may help to prevent you receiving unsolicited marketing. Please note, however, that these services will not prevent you from receiving marketing communications that you have consented to receiving.
- Can I Withhold Information?
You may access My Site without providing any personal data at all. However, if you would like me to contact you, you are required to submit or allow for the collection of certain data.
- How Can I Access My Personal Data?
If you want to know what personal data I have about you, you can ask me for details of that personal data and for a copy of it (where any such personal data is held). This is known as a “subject access request”.
All subject access requests should be made in writing and sent to the email address shown in Part 15. There is not normally any charge for a subject access request. If your request is ‘manifestly unfounded or excessive’ (for example, if you make repetitive requests) a fee may be charged to cover my administrative costs in responding.
I will respond to your subject access request within 10 working days and, in any case, not more than one month of receiving it. Normally, I aim to provide a complete response, including a copy of your personal data within that time. In some cases, however, particularly if your request is more complex, more time may be required up to a maximum of three months from the date I receive your request. You will be kept fully informed of my progress.
By using My Site, you may also receive certain third-party Cookies on your computer or device. Third-party Cookies are those placed by websites, services, and/or parties other than me. These Cookies are not integral to the functioning of My Site and your use and experience of My Site will not be impaired by refusing consent to them.
All Cookies used by and on My Site are used in accordance with current Cookie Law.
Before Cookies are placed on your computer or device, you will be shown a message requesting your consent to set those Cookies. By giving your consent to the placing of Cookies you are enabling me to provide the best possible experience and service to you. You may, if you wish, deny consent to the placing of Cookies; however certain features of My Site may not function fully or as intended. You will be given the opportunity to allow only first-party Cookies and block third-party Cookies.
Certain features of My Site depend on Cookies to function. Cookie Law deems these Cookies to be “strictly necessary”. These Cookies are shown in the table below. Your consent will not be sought to place these Cookies, but it is still important that you are aware of them. You may still block these Cookies by changing your internet browser’s settings as detailed below, but please be aware that My Site may not work properly if you do so. I have taken great care to ensure that your privacy is not at risk by allowing them.
My Site uses analytics services provided by Google. Website analytics refers to a set of tools used to collect and analyse anonymous usage information, enabling me to better understand how My Site is used. This, in turn, enables me to improve My Site and the products AND services offered through it.
In addition to the controls that I provide, you can choose to enable or disable Cookies in your internet browser. Most internet browsers also enable you to choose whether you wish to disable all Cookies or only third-party Cookies. By default, most internet browsers accept Cookies, but this can be changed. For further details, please consult the help menu in your internet browser or the documentation that came with your device.
You can choose to delete Cookies on your computer or device at any time, however you may lose any information that enables you to access My Site more quickly and efficiently including, but not limited to, login and personalisation settings.
It is recommended that you keep your internet browser and operating system up-to-date and that you consult the help and guidance provided by the developer of your internet browser and manufacturer of your computer or device if you are unsure about adjusting your privacy settings.
- How Do I Contact You?
To contact me about anything to do with your personal data and data protection, including to make a subject access request, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
I may change this Privacy Notice from time to time. This may be necessary, for example, if the law changes, or if I change my business in a way that affects personal data protection.